The story of Scripture is the story of God on mission. God’s mission is to save for himself a family with whom he will dwell. God will accomplish this mission by empowering His people, the church, by the Holy Spirit, to bring the good news of God’s kingdom to the world.
We are planting Mosaic Church to be a gospel-centered family of disciple makers in the life of our city. We desire to join God on His mission to bring the “kingdom come” to Richardson.
We are asking you to join us in this mission.
The Mission of Church Planting
In the New Testament, one of the main ways God empowers his people for mission is through church planting. God gathers people from every tribe, tongue, and nation into his family. He then sends them out to call others to belong to this family.
“The vigorous, continual planting of new congregations is the single most crucial strategy for the numerical growth of the body of Christ in any city, and the continual corporal renewal and revival of existing church in a city.” (Tim Keller)
Church planting is a dynamic movement that requires all involved to be prayerful, servant hearted, and flexible. We are asking Launch Team members to prayerfully consider both the opportunities and sacrifices involved in serving and leading in a church plant.
Commitment to This Church Plant
Committing to the Launch Team is a step of faith. We are asking the Launch Team to commit to helping build and launch Mosaic Church. This commitment will require flexibility, time, energy, resources, and trust in God’s good purposes. There will never be a time when it is not costly to be a part of Mosaic Church.
What is a Launch Team?
A launch team is the initial group of people that forms the seed of what will grow into a mature, healthy church. The Launch Team forms the backbone of the new church, and works together to see the mission of the church fulfilled.
Joining the Mosaic Church Launch Team is a call to commit to the following:
1. Prayer - Pray for the community, the church, the leadership, and for one another.
2. Giving - Support the work of the church financially by giving faithfully and sacrificially.
3. Gathering - Join us for Missional Community gatherings, Launch Team trainings, and worship services.
4. Service - Use your gifts, talents, and time to serve both in the church and in the community.
5. Inviting - Invite people to Missional Community gatherings and worship to services to fulfill our mission to make disciples.
By Faith and With Grace, I Covenant …
● To submit to the authority of the Scriptures as the final arbiter on all issues. (Ps. 119; 2 Tim. 3:14-17; 2 Pet. 1:19-21)
● To, by God’s grace, pursue holiness in all areas of life as an act of worship to Jesus Christ. (1 Peter. 1:13-16; 4:1-3)
● To pray for the church plant and to read God’s word regularly. (Luke 18:1; Acts 17:11; 1 Cor. 9:24-27; Eph. 5:1-21)
● To serve and love my immediate neighbors where God has placed me, with particular attention to the least of these in our community. (John 13; Micah 6:8)
● To actively participate in a group at Mosaic Church, to commit to being trained at launch team gatherings, and to attend corporate worship services regularly when they begin. (Acts 2:42-47; Heb. 10:23-25; Titus 3:14)
● To faithfully give to Mosaic Church, not only of my time and talents, but of my treasures (finances) in proportion to what the Lord has given to me. (Matt. 25:14-30; Rom. 12:1-2; 2 Cor. 8-9; 1 Pet. 4:10-11)
● To serve in at least one area of the gathered church once services begin. It is critical for the health of Mosaic Church that each part does its work in ministry to one-another. (Eph. 4:16)
● To have ongoing, intentional friendships with non-Christians. Also, I commit to pray weekly for these friends, inviting them into Gospel-centered community, and to pray for opportunities to share my testimony and the gospel with them.
● To never gossip about my brothers and sisters in Christ. I will maintain the unity of the faith in the Gospel by living out Christ’s commands for peacemaking. For the health of Mosaic Church and for the sake of our gospel witness I will, in love, reconcile (through forgiveness and repentance) with my family in Christ as well as my non-Christian friends whenever I sin against someone, or am personally sinned against. (Matt. 18:15-17)
● To follow to the leadership of Mosaic Church and diligently strive for unity and peace within the church. (Eph. 4:1-3; Heb. 13:17; 1 Pet. 5:5)
● To refrain from such activities that the Scriptures would deem foolish. (Rom. 14:14-23)